To support our academic community and the publics we engage with, the University of Plymouth is developing an exciting new public engagement strategy, which will launch in May 2022. This strategy will be co-created with our university community, and publics and communities beyond the University.
We are currently in ‘active listening’ mode for strategy development, tapping into what people think and listening to how we can foster new engagement with people. We are focusing on:
- Exploring understandings of public engagement within and across Faculties and Research Institutes
- Collating case studies, showcasing best practice in public engagement from across the institution
- Understanding the barriers to embedding public engagement within research and the ways in which we currently evaluate our work
Outcomes of the public engagement strategy:
- A public engagement community of practice including practitioners, researchers, and community groups
- A public engagement training programme for staff
- Support for ECRs and mid-career researchers
- Support for writing funding applications with a public engagement focus
Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any further information on our strategy.