- Council for Learning Outside the Classroom launches next round of free school trips to be won
- Breaktimes cut by up to 65 minutes a week, and 6 other findings from a landmark study
- Re-thinking education for a more sustainable world
- Climate Change Petition
- What does a wellbeing government look like?
- Advertisement for prospective graduate student, Penn State - College of Health and Human Development, US. Deadline: 1 October 2019
- Valuing Nature - Natural England Natural Capital Webinar, 11 June 2019, 10:40 AM - 12:00 PM GMT
- International School Grounds Conference 2020, 23-25 September 2020, Stirling, Scotland.
- International Adventure Conference 2019, 18 June 2019 (Practitioner Conference) 19-21 June 2019 (Academic Conference), Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
- SAVE THE DATE: Peninsular Research in Outdoor Learning Regional Conference, 22 January 2020, Plymouth Marjon University, Plymouth, England. There will be charging £15 per place to cover guest speakers and lunch [£5 for students] - More detail to follow as we have this.
Call for Paper
- Journal of Research on Education and Psychology (REP): is accepting submissions. Currently, both submitting and accessing to manuscript through the REP is free of charge.
- WildWise Easter Newsletter
- Student Rangers project helping Tavistock youngsters to break down barriers
- Join PLaTO-Net (Play, Learn, and Teach Outdoors Network)
- The Wildlife Trusts Wilder Future Campaign and film trailer launch
- World Ocean Day for Schools & Outdoor Classroom Day & #Wildtime Inspiration
- The Natural Musicians Training Course, 20-22 September 2019, Trill Farm
- International Adventure Conference 2019, Practitioner Conference - 18 June 2019. Academic Conference - 19th - 21st June 2019, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
- Valuing Nature International Summit, 19-20 June 2019, Manchester
- Nature Connections 2019 -5th Interdisciplinary Conference, 2 July 2019, Derby
- National Conference 2019: Beyond the Classroom, 7 November 2019, Blackpool
- Valuing Nature Annual Conference, 28-29 October 2019, London
Call for Paper
- Project Officer – Growing Care Farming Project, closing date: 18 March 2019.
- Forestry Commission’s Education Offer, closing date: 2 April 2019.
- Connecting Children and Teenagers with Local Nature: UK research showcase and networking event, 17-18 June 2019, Brighton.
- EOE (European Institute for Outdoor Adventure Education and Experiential Learning) Conference 2019, 25-27 September 2019, Tralee, Ireland
- Learning Expedition: A prescription for better health and wellness, 13-15 November 2019, Spokane, Washington.
- The Children’s Fire, 15-21 June 2019, Embercombe.
- SEEEN - Somerset and Exmoor Environmental Educators' Network
- Practical guidance for creating outdoor play experiences in early learning and childcare
- Outdoor Learning Research Community
- Sustainability Education: Learning to change the world
- Poole Farm January 2019 Newsletter
- Special Issue "Health and Wellbeing in an Outdoor and Adventure Sports Context", Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2019.
- Polli:Nation Pow Wow - A celebration of outcomes, 7 February 2019, 4pm (GMT), webinar
- Introducing the Pikler approach: A series of two workshops Facilitated by Pikler specialist Dorothy Marlen and Pikler enthusiast Clare Caro, 23 March 2019 & 15 June 2019, Cambridge.
- EOE Conference: Diversity and inclusion in Outdoor & Experiential Learning, 25-27 September 2019, Tralee, Ireland. EOE Conference flyer.
- 18 January 2019: the inaugural event for the Peninsula Research in Outdoor Learning, in which the Outdoor and Experiential Learning Research Network will formally become a Regional Hub for the national network of research hubs, led by the Institute of Outdoor Learning.
- Tide's out, school's in: the many benefits of beach teaching.
- Beyond the Classroom: creative curriculums conference. 29 March 2019, Humberston.
- Call for Proposals: “Learning Expedition: A prescription for better health and wellness” themed symposium. 13-15 November 2019, Washington.
- Outdoor Learning Research: Insight into forms and functions. Edited by Sue Waite.
- Assistantship. We are looking for a graduate student whose research interests align with the field of informal science education, with a particular focus on avian outreach and education.
- Nature Friendly Schools Project Manager (Grants), closing date: 3 February 2019.
- Nature Friendly Schools Delivery and Learning Manager, closing date: 3 February 2019.
- Administration Support Officer (part-time), closing date: 3 February 2019
EventsPeninsula Research in Outdoor Learning (PRinOL) One-Day Conference, 18 January 2019, Plymouth.