The Message journal is a peer-reviewed academic journal that consists of blind reviewed academic papers plus one to three commissioned essays/articles. It is dedicated to the development and discussion of contemporary visual communication research particularly within art and design with an emphasis on practice, outputs and artefacts.
The aim of the Message journal is to explore and challenge the boundaries of visual communication within art and design through an experimental and developmental ethos, challenging the practitioner, the development and use of technology, as well as questioning visual communication values and social, ethical and sustainable practices. The University of Plymouth Message cluster and journal is committed to enhancing the development of the visual communication subject areas, both in education and commercial design, through research and enterprise.
Message advisory board
- Patrick Baglee, design consultant and journalist, NY
- Professor Phil Cleaver Middlesex University, UK
- Professor Dóra Ísleifsdóttir Iceland Academy of Arts
- Associate Professor Maziar Raein. Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway
- Professor Teal Triggs Associate Dean at Royal College of Art, UK
- Message Editorial board – Victoria Squire, Esther Dudley, Peter Jones
- Message Publisher – University of Plymouth Press