Led by Professor Jill Shawe, we work with national and international collaborators to investigate women's health.
Our current research focus:
1. PREPARE: Programme of Research and Education in Preconception Care.This includes:
- nutrition and fertility after weight loss (metabolic) surgery
- interventions to prevent and manage gestational diabetes
- periconception care in women with pre-existing medical conditions.
2. Asthma and pregnancy
3. Sexual health of vulnerable groups
4. Systematic evidence based reviews of maternal and reproductive health.