Capitalising on our research excellence and expertise, the Institute focuses on inter and cross disciplinary initiatives, cultural impact and engaging the general public in creative encounters and discussions.
In particular, the institute:
- enhances arts and humanities related research excellence, including research through creative and arts practice, at Plymouth University
- fosters national and international projects, partnerships and collaborations
- facilitates disciplinary exchange and dialogue across the University
- promotes public engagement with new developments in the creative arts and humanities
- creates opportunities for impact and sustainability of arts and humanities research through commercial enterprise initiatives
- engages with and shapes public policy and discourse around the role of the arts and humanities and the creative industries within local and national life
- supports research-informed teaching and the development of research leadership in the arts and humanities, at all levels of scholarship.