We have an active research programme in understanding the environmental behaviour, fate and impact of nutrients, organic compunds and metals in terrestrial, atmospheric and aquatic systems. These studies contribute to decision support tools (models) for environmental management.
Environmental Analytical Chemistry
Environmental hypothesis generation and testing must be underpinned by sound analytical chemistry measurements. This presents challenges to the analytical science community, not least in developing reliable techniques and methods for monitoring key species, e.g. macronutrients and trace metals in environmental matrices such as natural waters and soils.
- Visiting Scientist Dr Kai Zhang (CRAES) presents to the BGC.
- BGC scientists receive NERC funding to assess how iron availability affects carbon removal to the deep waters of the Southern Ocean
- Congratulation to Antony Burchill on his award of PhD.
- BEACh researchers Charly Braungardt and Alison Turner present at IMWA.
- BEACh researchers Sean Comber, Kat Lees and Simone Bagnis present at SETAC.
- Congratulations to Dr Simon Ussher who has just been promoted to Associate Professor.
- Paul Worsfold awarded a Visiting Fellowship at the University of Tasmania.
- Transfer of flow injection technologies from Plymouth to the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu.
Dr Sean Comber
Associate Professor (Reader) in Environmental Chemistry
Professor Tom Hutchinson
Associate Head of School (Environmental Science)
Professor Paul Worsfold
Professor in Analytical Chemistry
Dr Charlotte Braungardt
Assistant Head of School (Environmental Science)
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Environmental Science
Dr Mark Fitzsimons
Associate Professor (Reader) in Organic Geochemistry
Dr Luke Holmes
Dr Richard Sandford
Lecturer in Environmental Science
Dr Alan Tappin
Dr Andrew Turner
Associate Professor (Reader) in Environmental Sciences
Dr Simon Ussher
Associate Professor of Marine and Analytical Chemistry
Dr Angela Milne