The British mainland was formed from the collision of not two, but three ancient continental land masses, according to new research by geologists at the University of Plymouth. The findings are published in Nature Communications and follow an extensive study of mineral properties at exposed rock features across Devon and Cornwall.
- Scientists Uncover a Hidden Ancient Connection Between Britain and France - Newsweek
- Britain is formed from three continents including a huge chunk - Metro
- Cornwall and south Devon 'originally part of mainland Europe' - The Guardian
- Cornwall formed from part of France 400 million years ago - The Independent
- How Britain was formed: Mainland was created from the collision - Daily Mail
A study has shown how overweight people lost an average of five times more weight using Functional Imagery Training (FIT), a brief individual motivational intervention teaching self-motivating skills with mental imagery, compared with just talking therapy.
- Think yourself slim: the simple technique which brings five times more weight loss - Telegraph.co.uk
- Visualizing your goal weight could help boost weight loss, study finds - Fox News
- Study finds you really can think yourself slim - New Zealand Herald
- Want to lose weight? Try out this dream diet - Metro
- How to lose FIVE TIMES more weight by training your mind - The Sun
Crisp packet graduation (Project helps to guard beaches against the scourge of plastic pollution)
Marine Biology student Emily Stevenson, founder of the Beach Guardian organisation in Cornwall, using her graduation ceremony to deliver an eye-catching message to packaging manufacturers.