If you are an academic at the University and have achieved a prominent piece of media coverage, email the Media and Communications team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research by Lecturer in Robotics Dr Martin Stoelen examining the potential for robots to help with the cauliflower harvest in Cornwall has generated widespread coverage.
- Meet the robot lending a cyber-hand to Cornwall's cauliflower harvest (Daily Telegraph)
- Farmers to get big hand with harvest (The Times)
- The cauliflower-picking robot funded by the EU that is set to replace migrant workers for short-staffed farmers in Cornwall (Daily Mail)
- Farmers hit by a shortage of migrant workers after Brexit could use robot harvesters instead (The Sun)
- How farm robots could replace migrant workers leaving UK after Brexit (Daily Express)
- Scientists develop automated robotic crop-picker amid worker shortage (FarmingUK)
Senior Research Fellow in the Marine Institute Dr Emma Sheehan has been named in a CNN report on the phenomenon of thousands of dead starfish and other marine creatures washing up on beaches on the UK’s east coast.
Dr Nicola King was interviewed about new research showing that patients who receive surgery 'on-pump' have a greater long-term chance of survival
Head of Geography Professor Jon Shaw is interviewed about the closure of the rail line through Devon and Cornwall as a result of Storm Emma.