Are you an agent for the University of Plymouth? Need advice on submitting applications for your students? Find all of the answers you need here.
Prepare your students for successful applications to – and studies with – the University of Plymouth by following these guidance notes.
Before students apply, please ensure they have all the information they need about their chosen course and the University. Make sure they apply for a course that the University actually offers, and that it's a full-time programme. If you're not sure or have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Applying for an undergraduate course
If your student is applying via UCAS, ensure your agency name and address are in the contact field so we can identify the student as coming via your agency. Once the application has been submitted to UCAS, email the Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Highly trusted agents may be able to submit a direct undergraduate application. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Make sure your student also has the following:
- Originals (or officially certified copies) of qualifications (certificates and transcripts) to date, e.g., A levels, IB, HND, etc.
- A copy of the information page from the student’s current passport (and if they are currently in the UK, also a copy of their existing visa).
- Any English language qualifications the student has to date, e.g., IELTS score. Other English tests may be considered as an alternative; visit our English language requirements for international students page for more information.
- A personal statement explaining the student’s interest in the course being applied to and their reasons for applying to the University of Plymouth.
You should also:
- Ensure that the student has signed and dated the form.
- Please make sure your agency stamp and address are on the front page of the application. The University will only be able to recognise any applicant as coming from an agent that has their stamp and address on the front page.
Applying for a postgraduate taught programme
The quickest and most efficient way to submit an application to one of our postgraduate taught programmes is via our online application form.
Please note that if you are completing an application form on behalf of a student, it is vital that you use the applicant's email address to register to avoid multiple applications being registered using the same email address, thus causing duplication issues. There is an opportunity for agents to include their contact details within the application as well, so you will still receive the relevant correspondence from the University of Plymouth.
In completing the form, you will also need:
Scanned (officially certified) copies of qualifications (certificates and transcripts) to date, such as the first degree certificate and full transcripts.
A copy of the information page of the student’s current passport (and, if they are currently in the UK, a copy of their existing visa).
Any English language qualification the student has to date, e.g., IELTS score. Other English tests may be considered as an alternative, visit our English language requirements for international students page for more information.
A personal statement explaining the student’s interest in the course being applied to and reasons for applying to the University of Plymouth.
Evidence of previous study in the UK, including visas.
Applying for a postgraduate research course
Visit the Doctoral College website for more information on research areas and applying for a postgraduate research course.
- When applying for any course, students must enter their name exactly as it appears in their current passport.
- At first, you may send application documents by scanning and emailing them, and we will consider your student’s application based on these. At a later stage we'll need originals or officially certified copies. You or the student may, therefore, wish to send these with the initial application.
- University certificates and transcripts, if not originals, must be certified true copies by the university issuing them.
- Once a student is offered a place by the University they'll be emailed a conditional offer letter. Once they meet any conditions attached to that offer, the student will need to submit a £2,000 minimum tuition fee deposit. Details on how to do this will be sent to the student once they reach this stage.
- Once all conditions are met, the pre-CAS checklist is completed, and a deposit paid, the University will issue the student with their CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number. They'll need this for their visa application, which we trust you'll be able to assist them with.
- By submitting an application to the University of Plymouth, applicants and agents are confirming that the information is true, accurate and complete. Applicants should not omit any requested or relevant information, make any misrepresentation (e.g., plagiarism), or supply fraudulent documentation as part of their application. The University reserves the right to refuse an application, or revoke an offer of a place in such circumstances.