South Korea

We've tried to provide all the information you will need if you are thinking about coming to study at Plymouth University from South Korea. If you need to know anything else, you can contact our team using the details below.


To apply for a place on an undergraduate course from South Korea, you'll need Thanawiya (High School Leaving Certificate) plus an International Foundation Year or equivalent. Our partner college on campus, Plymouth University International College (PUIC), offers a wide variety of foundation courses.


For postgraduate courses (second degrees), you should hold either a bachelors degree (with a high GPA) or a masters degree from a prestigious local university or a good honours degree from a British or American university.

Visa requirements

You'll need prior entry clearance (a visa) if you're coming from South Korea to study in the UK.

Contact the British Embassy to apply for your visa as soon as you've been accepted by the University. You'll need a CAS form (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), and to show that you have enough money to fund your education and living expenses in the UK. We'll send more detailed information about visa application if you're successful in securing a place with us.

Make sure you allow enough time for your application to be processed

See how our students have enjoyed their time at Plymouth University