South Africa

We've tried to provide all the information you will need if you are thinking about coming to study at Plymouth University from South Africa. If you need to know anything else, you can contact our team using the details below.


For undergraduate courses, you'll need good Senior Certificate / Matriculation with grades BBBCC at a higher-grade level. If subjects are taken at a standard grade level, or you don't achieve the marks you need, you should supplement your Senior Certificate with an acceptable International Foundation Year or equivalent.

Visa requirements

You'll need prior entry clearance (a visa) if you're coming from South Africa to study in the UK.

Contact the British High Commission to apply for your visa as soon as you've been accepted by the University. You'll need a CAS form (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), and to show that you have enough money to fund your education and living expenses in the UK. We'll send more detailed information about visa application if you're successful in securing a place with us.

Make sure you allow enough time for your application to be processed.

See how our students have enjoyed their time at Plymouth University