We've tried to provide all the information you will need if you are thinking about coming to study at Plymouth University from Egypt. If you need to know anything else, you can contact our team using the details below.


Students who have completed IIX Certificate, Thanaweya A’ama/Azhar General Secondary School Certificate are required to take a foundation year (one year duration).

Students who have completed a two year diploma from an Intermediate or Higher Institute may be eligible to enter Year 1.


Entry requirements will vary but students will typically require a minimum of 2.8/4 or 70 per cent from their undergraduate studies.

Visa requirements

You’ll need prior entry clearance (a visa) if you’re coming from Egypt to study in the UK.

Contact the British High Commission to apply for your visa as soon as you've been accepted by the University. You'll need a CAS form (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), and be able to show that you have enough money to fund your education and living expenses in the UK. We'll send you more detailed information about your visa application if you're successful in securing a place with us.

Make sure you allow enough time for your application to be processed, by checking the government's visa processing times.

See how our students have enjoyed their time at Plymouth University