Please see our news and updates for current immigration and compliance news.
As a Higher Education Institution with Student (formerly Tier 4) visa Sponsor status, the University of Plymouth is permitted to sponsor international students under the Student visa route to study here.
We must adhere to the UKVI Student visa sponsor guidance, policy guidance and immigration law, and we strive to ensure the highest levels of compliance with our sponsorship duties. The University wide processes we operate to carry out our sponsorship duties include, but are not limited to:
- advising Admissions staff on CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) issuing procedures and queries arising from individual applications
- other Admissions procedures linked to the Student visa and other categories of visa holders
- managing English language requirements
- reporting all student changes in circumstances
- engagement monitoring across the institution
- course transfers
- withdrawals and interruptions
- placement processes for students with a Student visa
- advising on course structures to check they meet Student visa requirements
- sponsorship duties associated with Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur and Doctorate Extension Scheme
- recordkeeping and scanning of visa and passport documentation
- checking data to ensure our records are accurate and complete
- developing policies and processes connected to our sponsorship duties
- compliance related sessions for students and staff.
We have established processes to carry out all of the above plus other sponsorship duties. Please contact us if you need support and guidance on any matter that you think involves Student visas. Call us on +44 1752 587538 or email us at UKVIfirstname.lastname@example.org.