Exchange and ISEP students

What do I need to do?

If you are studying here on an Exchange programme it is most likely that you will be enrolled on an undergraduate course with taught modules. Therefore please read the section for undergraduate student engagement monitoring, as this is most likely to apply to you.

What do I do if I experience problems?

Please note that as you hold a Tier 4 visa you must be enrolled on a full time programme at the University of Plymouth, and it is not normally possible for you to drop any credits/modules. If you wish to discuss this further please speak to the compliance team.

If you intend to leave the UK early and return home before your academic year in Plymouth officially ends, please let the compliance team know so that we can stop sponsoring you under Tier 4.

What will happen if I do not attend or my attendance/engagement is not satisfactory?

Your engagement is monitored from a range of data sources and if no engagement or attendance is recorded for you, or you are not engaging satisfactorily, your Faculty will be contacted and asked to confirm your recent engagement, and record this in University systems as appropriate.

If you have not been engaging with your course and this does not improve then the situation will be escalated. A meeting will be arranged with you, representatives from your Faculty, the compliance team and ISA. This meeting may result in your interruption or withdrawal from your programme, dependant on how much of your course has been missed.

If you are withdrawn or interrupted from your programme due to poor attendance you would be required to leave the UK, and depending on the reasons for your non-attendance, the University may not be prepared to sponsor you again under Tier 4.

Therefore it is very much in your interest to ensure that you are engaging with your course fully, and that you seek help early if you experience problems.