5 GCSE’s grade C or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
128 points from 2 A-levels, one of which must be at least a B in a Science – preference is given to Chemistry, Biology or Physics but Psychology and Sociology may be considered; combined AS levels accepted.
31 points (with a minimum of 14 at Higher Level). Biology profile preferred.
60 credits overall with 45 at level 3, of which 30 must be at distinction level, including 15 in a Science/s. A further 15 points must be at merit level. Must have GCSE grade C or above in English & Maths or be taking them.
Diploma DDM – Must be Science profile.
Extended Science: 75 per cent at first attempt. Must apply direct to Plymouth University by 15 January.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- How to select the right Access course.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.