5 GCSE’s grade C or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Including 64 points from 2 A levels including B at A level science, excluding general studies.
31 overall to include two subjects with 5 at Higher Level preferably in biology/human biology/chemistry, physics, psychology or sociology. English accepted within - if Advanced Level = 4+ (A1) or 5 (A2/B) - if Standard Level = 5+ (A1) or 6 (A2/B) - if overseas and not studying English within IB – must have IELTS at 7.0 overall with 7.0 in all elements.
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma with at least 45 credits at level 3, 30 at distinction level including 15 L3 credits biology. A further 15 credits at L3 must be at merit level. Will need GCSE English and maths at grade C if not already held.
New for 2018
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma with at least 45 credits at level 3, 30 at distinction level including 15 L3 credits biology. A further 15 credits at L3 must be at merit level. 5 GCSE’s grade C / 4 or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Note the admissions tutor will consider the BTEC Level 2 in Science with a minimum of a merit overall in lieu of GCSE Science C / 4.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma
DDM – needs to have strong science element.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Extended Science: 75 per cent at first attempt. Must apply direct to Plymouth University by 15 January.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- How to select the right Access course.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.