5 GCSE’s grade C or above to include mathematics, English and science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Include a grade C from biology/human biology, physics, chemistry or applied science. Exclude general studies.
30 overall to include to include 5 at HL Science subject - biology/human biology, chemistry, applied science or physics.
Pass a named science based Access, 45 credits at level 3, 30 at distinction level including 15 level 3 credits in biology, chemistry or physics. A further 15 credits at Level 3 must be at merit Level. Will need GCSE English and mathematics at grade C if not already held.
DDD must be health/science related.
Extended science: 70 percent at first attempt. Must apply direct to Plymouth University by 15 January.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
Due to the professional nature of this course we are unable to accept applications for deferred entry.