5 GCSE’s grade C or above to include mathematics, English and science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
ABB at A level to include biology/human biology, physics, chemistry or applied science. Excluding general studies.
30 points overall to include 5 at Higher level subject - biology/human biology, chemistry, applied science or physics considered. English accepted within - if Advanced Level = 4+ (A1) or 5 (A2/B) - if Standard Level = 5+ (A1) or 6 (A2/B) - if overseas and not studying English within IB – must have IELTS at 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements.
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma (e.g. science, health, nursing, and combined science) with at least 45 credits at level 3, 30 at distinction level including 15 level 3 credits in biology, chemistry or physics. A further 15 credits at Level 3 must be at merit level. Will need GCSE English and maths at grade C if not already held.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: DDD must be health/science related.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Extended science: 70 percent at first attempt. Must apply direct to Plymouth University by 15 January.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on 01752 585858
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below. If you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at Plymouth University, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
Due to the professional nature of this course we are unable to accept applications for deferred entry.