5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note the institution will also accept Functional Skills Level 2 (Numeracy) as an equivalent qualification to the GCSE Mathematics qualification. Please note that if you do not have this profile please contact the Admissions Team directly on +44 (0)1752 585858
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and they will be happy to advise you further.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
ABB at A level to include biology/human biology, physics, chemistry or applied science. Excluding general studies.
30 points overall to include 5 at Higher level subject - biology/human biology, chemistry, applied science or physics considered. English accepted within - if Advanced Level = 4+ (A1) or 5 (A2/B) - if Standard Level = 5+ (A1) or 6 (A2/B) - if overseas and not studying English within IB – must have IELTS at 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements.
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma (e.g. science, health, nursing, combined science) with at least 45 credits at Level 3, 30 at Distinction level including 15 Level 3 credits in Science/Social Science (Psychology/ Sociology). A further 15 credits at Level 3 must be at Merit level.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: DDD must be health/science related.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on 01752 585858
or email email@example.com
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below. If you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at Plymouth University, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
Unfortunately we cannot permit deferred entry. However, if you have a query please refer to an experienced admissions administrator who will be able to explain the UCAS application process in more detail firstname.lastname@example.org.