5 GCSE’s grade C or above to include mathematics, English and science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
320 points – 160 points from 2 A Levels and a minimum of 80 points from biology/chemistry or physics.
27 points (with a minimum of 13 at Higher Level) biology profile preferred.
45 L3 credits of which 33 must be at merit or distinction level. This must include 15 level 3 credits from Biology/combined science at merit or distinction level. Health / Science preferred. Must have GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or be taking them.
Diploma DDM – must be science profile.
Extended Science: 65 per cent at first attempt. Must apply direct to Plymouth University by 15 January.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
Due to the professional nature of this course we are unable to accept applications for deferred entry.