5 GCSEs grade C or above to include mathematics, English and science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application and who have achieved at least B grades in mathematics, English and science.
AAA-AAB. Typical offer: AAB from three A levels. Two A levels must come from either maths, use of maths, physics, chemistry, biology/human biology, applied science, or psychology. General studies will not be considered as part of the offer.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: D*DD Science profile, must come from either maths, use of maths, physics, chemistry, biology/human biology, applied science, psychology.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
36 - 34 points overall to include 3 subjects at Higher Level and 2 of these subjects must be at 6 points Higher Level. Subjects must come from either maths, use of maths, physics, chemistry, biology/human biology, applied science, psychology.
English accepted within
If Advanced Level = 4+ (A1) or 5 (A2/B)
If Standard Level = 5+ (A1) or 6 (A2/B)
If overseas and not studying English within IB – must have IELTS
IELTS: 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and reading and 6.0 in listening and speaking.
All Access courses: Pass a named Access to HE Diploma (e.g. science, combined science, medicine with at least 45 credits at level 3 of which 30 must be at distinction level and come from at least two specialisms including maths, physics, chemistry, biology, psychology. The remaining 15 credits level 3 credits must be at merit. Must have GCSE English and maths at grade C or above.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on 01752 585858
or email email@example.com
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS -
6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and reading and 6.0 in listening and speaking
(if you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at Plymouth University, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course).
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
Due to the professional nature of this course we are unable to accept applications for deferred entry.