Sponsored students/direct entry year 2
This direct route to continue with your studies to gain a degree in Nursing (Adult Health Field) with professional registration at Plymouth University is available to Band 4 Associate/Assistant Practitioners currently in employment.
Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of 650 hours in relevant clinical practice area, completed during the FdSc Programme or subsequent employment as a Band 4 assistant practitioner or equivalent. A grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths is a requirement, although consideration may be given to Functional Skills Level 2.
- 2 referees: 1 from employer, 1 from academic/study area.
- Potential sponsored applicants must have sponsorship agreed by their employer prior to applying to UCAS.
Admission and recruitment process
- All potential applicants must apply through UCAS.
- Applicants who meet the entry criteria will be invited to a nurse recruitment day/interview.
Welcome to programme
Students enrolled onto year 2 of the course will be invited to a welcome event to include:
- Introduction to programme/modules
- Introduction to web platforms/DLE/library
- Orientation to university – opportunity to visit library, information technology suite, student gateway
- Allocation and meeting with personal tutor/stage lead year 2
- Mandatory training: moving and handling; basic life support; fire safety; safeguarding vulnerable adults; safeguarding vulnerable children; equity and diversity.