From the very latest electronic patient simulators and 3D human anatomy models to our web-based Managed Learning Environment and extensive library and learning facilities, you’ll benefit from exceptional facilities throughout your degree.
Clinical Skills Resource Centre
Our impressive Clinical Skills Resource Centre (CSRC) allows you to learn vital clinical and communication skills in a safe, supported environment before the pressure is on in a real clinical setting. Many of the training rooms here are replicas of NHS wards and emergency departments, where you can:
- Undertake physical examinations
- Conduct patient and family interviews
- Develop diagnostic skills
- Perform a variety of practical procedures, such as basic life support
Life Sciences Resource Centre (LSRC)
The LSRC will further your understanding of anatomy and how the human body works through a wide range of specialist expert-facilitated sessions and resources that include:
- Anatomage virtual dissection
- Radiographic images
- Medical imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Biomedical multimedia resources
e-Managed Learning Environment
We’re continually refining and developing our online systems, activities and materials to support your learning. The Schools’ web-based e-Managed Learning Environment is a powerful tool to help you take control of your learning how and when it suits you. Its features include:
- Supporting course information, learning materials and library access.
- Recording clinical encounters and in a custom-made online student logbook, as well as monitoring your progress and book skills sessions.
- Accessing resources such as 3D human anatomy models, electronic journals, personalised assessment database, encyclopedias, interactive online learning materials, formative online computer aided assessments.
- Hosting discussion forums in various open, private, academic, and social contexts.
- Helping you manage your emails and timetable.
Our extensive library and learning facilities include:
- Books and publications
- Hundreds of electronic journals