All appropriately qualified candidates will be given equal consideration during the selection process. University of Plymouth does not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, colour, disability, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant distinction.
- A levels: 112 points, a minimum of two full Level 3 qualifications.
- All applicants are required to have GCSE mathematics, English language and science at grade C or above. Equivalent qualifications may be considered.
- 28 IB points.
- BTEC National Extended Diploma DMM.
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with at least 33 credits at Merit or Distinction.
- T level, merit, any subject.
- All candidates must be able to reflect on some experience in relevant educational setting(s).
- English language requirements.
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
- There is also a requirement to pass minimum standards for literacy and numeracy.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
- All candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) Enhanced Disclosure, register with the Independent Safeguarding Authority and complete a criminal convictions self-declaration form.
- All candidates must be deemed fit to teach.
An interview is a pre-requisite for entry onto this programme
All candidates are required to attend an interview. Interview days are conducted by the programme lead representative and include a practising teacher who represents the wider partnership and offers an employer perspective on suitability for the profession. Find more information about interviews in the Institute's interview pages
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary