Once you’ve applied for the course you’ll be contacted by our admissions staff, offering you a choice of different interview dates. These dates will be between 12 November - 31 May.
The day will consist of:
- a tour of our dedicated studios and the new performing arts centre, The House
- presentation of your solo performance piece’
- a 15-20 minute interview.
You are asked to prepare in advance a two to three minutes (maximum of three minutes) contemporary dance solo of your own choreography and perform this at your audition.
This can be performed with or without music, the music track should be on your phone or ipad. A student ambassador will assist you on the day.
The solo should be performed in bare feet (unless there is a physical or medical reason).
This is a 15 minute interview conducted by a member of staff from our dance and performance team. Each candidate will be asked the same set of interview questions and this is also an opportunity for you to ask us any questions you might have.
Following your audition one of our Student Ambassadors will give you a tour of The House and our other dedicated spaces. Find out more details about our new Performing Arts Centre, The House.
Please come prepared to talk about ….
- Your passion for dance and career aspirations
- Why you are interested in our dance degree and training offer
- A contemporary dance performance which has inspired you and how this work communicated its ideas, themes
- The role dance and movement can play in people’s lives
- The range of skills you think are important for a dancer pursuing a career today
- Your strengths and those areas you consider need development.