This page contains all of the information undergraduate applicants require prior to the submission of your audition material and attendance of an informal interview.
Please note all applicant interviews for 2021 entry will take place through Zoom meetings.
If you have any queries regarding your interview booking, please contact our Course Enquiries and Interviews Team by emailing email@example.com.
In addition, our Admissions Team is here to support you and answer any questions you may have regarding your application. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
make a call to the Student Recruitment and Admissions Department to talk to
either team using +44(0)1752 585858.
Your audition material:
As standard, all applicants will be asked to provide audition material as part of the application process.
Please record a performance of a two to three minutes (maximum of three minutes) contemporary dance solo of your own choreography. This can be performed with or without music.
Please submit your audition material to us by providing us with a link to a video hosting website or portfolio website. Please email your link to email@example.com.
- Please wear dance clothing you feel comfortable in and dance in bare feet. Please inform us if you have any additional requirements that would prevent you from doing this.
- Breathe and remember not to rush so you can complete each movement to reach its full expression.
- Don’t position yourself too close to your audience at the start of your piece, there will be time beforehand for you to rehearse and consider the full use of the performance space.
- Consider how you engage your audience, for as well as observing your potential as a skilled dancer, we are very interested in you, your creativity and individual qualities. Performance is about communication and dance can be uplifting and moving to watch.
- Choose your music carefully, music with a relentless beat and songs with words, which have no direct connection to the content of the piece can dominate and detract from your performance and your original intention.
Our admissions tutors will review your audition material to decide whether your application can progress to the next stage. Should you be successful, you will be invited to an informal interview with our admissions tutor.
Our interviews provide an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you and for you to get to know us a little better, as well as providing further insight into Plymouth Conservatoire.
Our BA (Hons) Dance interviews will be conducted by a member of our dance staff, and will last approx. 30 minutes. Please come prepared to talk about:
- your passion for dance and career aspirations,
- why you are interested in this dance degree and what it offers,
- a contemporary dance piece that has inspired you and why,
- what role can dance and movement play in our lives,
- the practical skills and understanding you think are important for a dancer pursuing a dance career today,
- what you will bring to our working environment at Plymouth Conservatoire.