This page contains all of the information undergraduate applicants require prior to the submission of your audition material and attendance of an informal interview.
Please note all applicant interviews for 2021 entry will take place through Zoom meetings.
If you have any queries regarding your interview booking, please contact our Course Enquiries and Interviews Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, our Admissions Team is here to support you and answer any questions you may have regarding your application. Drop us an email at email@example.com.
Alternatively make a call to the Student Recruitment and Admissions Department to talk to either team using +44(0)1752 585858.
Your audition material:
As standard, all applicants will be asked to provide audition material as part of the application process.
You will be required to record a performance of two, short contrasting theatre monologues of your choice.
Please submit your audition material to us by
providing us with a link to a video hosting website or portfolio website.
Please email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not just looking for talent. We also want to see:
- a serious, ongoing commitment to an acting career in the professional theatre,
- trainable vocal, physical and imaginative/emotional skills,
- potential that you will benefit from the study in acting offered at Plymouth,
- an ability to understand, interpret and embody a dramatic text,
- an ability to participate actively in group or ensemble situations,
- a readiness to take risks in creative work, and an open, receptive and enquiring mind,
- enthusiasm and readiness for hard, rigorous work requiring sustained concentration,
- a sense of language and rhythm, and the potential for identification with the thought process of a dramatic text,
- the ability to portray and inhabit an imagined or fictional situation,
- physical, vocal and imaginative/emotional skills with significant theatrical potential.
- No props or scripts to be used during your performance.
In some cases you may be asked to attend a call-back audition. This may be in situations where we need to see more from applicants before being able to make a decision.
If you are invited to attend a call-back, you may be asked to workshop
the two monologues that you performed for your first audition, and you may also
be asked to perform a sight reading of a new text. You will also be asked to
perform a new piece of text which will be sent to you in the event of a
call-back audition being requested.
Our admissions tutors will review your audition material to decide whether your application can progress to the next stage. Should you be successful, you will be invited to an informal interview with our admissions tutor.
Our interviews provide an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you and for you to get to know us a little better, as well as providing further insight into Plymouth Conservatoire.
Our BA (Hons) Acting interviews will be conducted by a member of our acting staff, and will last approximately 20 minutes.