Digital auditions are individual, real-time online auditions in which you will work one-on-one with a member of our teaching staff.
applicants will be asked to perform two, short contrasting theatre monologues of your choice.
We’re not just looking for talent, we also want to see:
- a serious, ongoing commitment to an acting career in the professional theatre
- trainable vocal, physical and imaginative/emotional skills
- potential that you'll benefit from the study in acting offered at Plymouth
- an ability to understand, interpret and embody a dramatic text
- an ability to participate actively in group or ensemble situations
- a readiness to take risks in creative work, and an open, receptive and enquiring mind
- enthusiasm and readiness for hard, rigorous work requiring sustained concentration
- a sense of language and rhythm, and the potential for identification with the thought process of a dramatic text
- the ability to portray and inhabit an imagined or fictional situation
- physical, vocal and imaginative/emotional skills with significant theatrical potential.
- No props or scripts to be used at the audition.
In some cases you may be asked to attend a call-back audition. This may be in situations where we need to see more from applicants before being able to make a decision.
At your call-back you may be asked to workshop the two monologues that you performed for your first audition and you may also be asked to perform a sight reading of a new text. You will also be asked to perform a new piece of text which will be sent to you in the event of a call-back audition being requested.