When to apply
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
Before you apply
Familiarise yourself with the information required to complete your application form. You will usually be required to supply:
- evidence of qualifications (degree certificates or transcripts), with translations if not in English, to show that you meet, or expect to meet the entry requirements
- evidence of English language proficiency, if English is not your first language
- a personal statement of approximately 250-400 words about the reasons for your interest in the course and outlining the nature of previous and current related experience. You can write this into the online application form, or include it as a separate document
- your curriculum vitae or résumé, including details of relevant professional/voluntary experience, professional registration/s and visa status for overseas workers
- proof of sponsorship, if applicable.
If you require further information take a look at our application guidance.
If you have a disability and would like further information about the support provided by University of Plymouth, please visit our Disability Services website.
Support is also available to overseas students applying to the University from our International Office via our how to apply webpage or email email@example.com.
Submitting an application
Once you are happy that you have all of the information required you can apply using our online postgraduate application form (the blue 'Apply now' icon on this page).
What happens after I apply?
Our staff team interviews all applicants to establish suitability for the course and look over previous work where relevant. The interview also provides a chance for you to meet our admissions tutor and ask questions about course and its delivery. We will normally be in touch within four weeks of receiving your application, to arrange an appropriate time for interview (which in the case of overseas students may be by telephone or video conference). You may be asked to provide additional information; two academic/professional references, confirming your suitability for the course. you will be sent a decision by letter or email.
We aim to make the application procedure as simple and efficient as possible. Our Admissions and Course Enquiries team is on hand to offer help and are happy to answer any further questions about the applications process.
If you would like any further information please contact the Admissions and Course Enquiries team:
Telephone: +44 (0)1752 585858
More information and advice for applicants can be referenced by downloading our Student Admissions Policy Prospective students are advised to read the policy before making an application to the University.