- GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English, mathematics and a science subject
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent, from a recognised university (masters and PhDs also count towards entry requirements. A masters degree will be considered as a second class upper degree and a PhD as a first. This will also apply to international applicants). It is not necessary for the degree to be in a national curriculum subject
- If you have overseas qualifications you can check your compatibility with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
There is also a
requirement to pass minimum standards for literacy and numeracy.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language then we’ll need evidence of your proficiency in English as follows:
- Suitability for the PGCE Primary programme is judged on a range of factors including academic qualifications, ability to work with other people and a real interest in learning and teaching.
- When selecting applicants for interview the admissions tutor will consider all parts of the application including personal statement and references. You may find the personal statement and reference sections on the UCAS website useful.
Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme.
- You must be able to reflect on some experience in relevant educational setting(s)
- You are expected to arrange visits to local schools, and to be able to discuss your observations of pupils and classrooms at interview
- You will need to give details of your experience within your application
- A further reference from the school will be required if you are offered a place on the course.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure
Fitness to Teach health screening