In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You will normally have a first degree (BSc (Hons)) at 2:2 or above in any discipline
- 750 relevant clinical practice hours gained within the last 5 years, working in health related environments, for example hospitals, GP surgeries, hospices, and other community settings (subject to APEL/RPL)
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above to include Mathematics, English, and Science. Please note the institution will also consider Functional Skills Level 2 (Numeracy) as an equivalent qualification to the GCSE Mathematics qualification.
If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C / 4 or above you will have to achieve an IELTS (or equivalent qualification) at the grade of at least 7.0 (at least 6.5 in the writing section and at least 7.0 in the reading, listening and speaking sections).
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills or Functional Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English
- Admissions test
- Institutions own tests (written and numeracy)
- Criminal records check (DBS)
- Health check
A relevant degree with honours or an equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Information for international students applying for a postgraduate course
Postgraduate bursaries and scholarships