You need a minimum of 2 A levels
24 points (with a minimum of 4 at Higher Level, subject-related profile preferred).
Although you do not require GCSE grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics for this course, please note that if you choose to go on to study a PGCE you will require them.
Third year entry possible with a foundation degree or HND in a related subject.
Merit, Merit, Merit
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Pass of which 33 must be at merit or distinction level.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered, please contact email@example.com.
Extended entry requirements
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure
- All offers made for this course are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
- We also ask all applicants to complete a self-disclosure form so that the University can consider suitability for programmes that involve contact with children and vulnerable adults. This form offers the opportunity to declare any criminal convictions prior to completing a DBS application.
- If English is not your first language you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below. If you are considering another equivalent qualification, please contact admissions.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- Come and visit us at University open days and/or applicant days to find out more and meet some of our tutors and current students!
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.