Brain Tumour Research is an official charity partner of Plymouth University. We're one of four universities in the UK working with the charity to improve the treatment and outcomes of brain tumours.
Did you know:
- brain tumours are the biggest cancer killer of children and adults under 40?
- around 16,000 people a year in the UK are diagnosed with a brain tumour?
- 58 per cent of sufferers die within a year of diagnosis, compared with four per cent for breast cancer and six per cent for prostate cancer?
- brain tumours kill twice as many women as cervical cancer, and more men under the age of 45 than prostate or any other cancer?
- in the average patient, brain tumours are responsible for 20 lost years of life?
- the South West has the highest rate of brain tumours diagnosed per million in England?