As part of our commitment to the city's Mayflower 400 commemorations, the University is proud to be supporting the young people's anthology of writing for the next three years to 2020.
The theme this year is 'The Journey Begins' and can be interpreted as widely as entrants wish, whether that be via poetry, prose or stories.
Plymouth University students will be central to the project from start to finish:
- English and creative writing students will be delivering creative writing workshops in schools, working alongside Children's University
- An MA Publishing student will be project managing the whole initiative right through to production of the final publication, with the support of an editorial board
- These students will also help to shortlist entries for the panel to select those to be included in the anthology
- Illustration and fine art students will then creatively enhance the selected pieces
- Our participating students will also be part of the launch event, showcasing the role they each had in creating this year's Anthology alongside all the wonderful contributors from local schools and the community.