What are the benefits to you/ your organisation?
Enhance your competitive advantage with services that can:
- assess and optimise a manufacturing process
- explore and produce innovative design
- optimise product quality and performance
- assist with cost and waste reduction.
Composite materials and structures have many and varied applications in engineering, including air, marine, road and rail transport; lightweight structures and conventional and renewable energy systems.
The Advanced Composites Manufacturing Centre has capability in:
- hand lamination
- vacuum bagging and autoclave cure
- compression moulding
- Resin Infusion under Flexible Tooling (RIFT)
- Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM).
ACMC also has access to mechanical, rheological, chemical analysis and optical/ electron image acquisition and analysis.
Tap into the strengths of our highly professional team, who offer support in the operation of equipment, preparation of samples for design validation, and crucially in the interpretation of results, ensuring a swift turnaround. Access a wide range of academic expertise via excellent networks stretching across and beyond the University.
We can also work with you to deliver continuing professional development short courses (generally bespoke, but also for generic clients) and to undertake research, development, testing, forensics and other consultancy.