The University of Plymouth is ranked in the top 20 universities in the country for supporting SMEs and is committed to helping businesses find new ways to recover and grow in the current crisis. More than ever, there is a significant need for businesses and the wider University to work together to find the solutions that will help our economy grow and our community flourish. We are committed to sharing our knowledge and expertise during this unprecedented time.
Our team is working with business organisations across the South West to offer a package of support from our experts, drawing on years of research and practical business experience to:
- Give you access to brilliant minds and state-of-the-art equipment
- Steer your business through current business challenges and prepare your business for the future
- Identify practical solutions to ensure your business thrives through demonstrating resilience and innovation
Enterprise Solutions is our dedicated free-to-use service that helps find your business the very best support, consisting of a variety of live webinar events, grants, access to specialist equipment and advisor sessions.
We are supporting the business community by:
- Working Together: By working together, we believe we can help our business community survive this period of uncertainty. Working with our Chambers of Commerce, Councils and the business community, we are listening to the changing needs of business and responding with solutions to protect and stabilise our business community.
- Direct Business Support: Provision of research and development grants, advice services, virtual events, webinars and start up support from across our University to support new innovation in businesses, including dedicated support for our SMEs.
- World Class Expertise: In challenging times, new thinking is often required to overcome barriers. We are providing support for businesses to access our innovative student solutions via micro placements, internships and subsidised support and access to our world-leading academic knowledge and life-long learning opportunities.
- Access to Equipment: Much of the University's state-of-the-art equipment can be accessed by businesses; this is particularly helpful for those in the marine, manufacturing, engineering or creative sectors. These facilities offer a vital lifeline to businesses developing new products to respond to new rapidly changing markets.