Bursaries, awards and scholarships funded by our graduates and friends
Student Hardship Fund
- Donations are gratefully received to this fund, which helps ensure students can continue their studies in spite of financial difficulties.
- Awards are made via a means-tested system, which the Student Funding Unit administers. In 2010, Plymouth graduate Helen Dean left a legacy of over £40,000, which is awarded through this fund.
- The Financial Support Fund process identifies recipients of the money.
Dr Manning Award
- Former lecturer Dr Margaret Manning generously donated £10,000, which is used to provide annual awards to a (preferably) female studying biological sciences. See the Dr Manning Award webpage for more details, and the application form.
Santander Universities Scholarships
- The University's exciting partnership with Santander Universities provides a range of scholarships worth over £50,000 a year.
- The scholarships offer numerous opportunities for international research collaborations and work-based learning in fellow Santander Universities institutions world-wide.
Roland Levinsky Memorial Fund Awards
The Roland Levinsky Memorial Fund was established in 2007 in memory of Vice-Chancellor, Professor Roland Levinsky. Monies were bequeathed by Roland’s wife Beth Levinsky together with donations from many friends and colleagues. Over the past 12 years the fund has provided support to University of Plymouth students carrying out projects and activities across the world that have enhanced their student experience, provided personal development and had a positive impact on the wider community.
The final allocation of funds took place earlier this year and we would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who so generously gave to the scheme to enable our students to participate in a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Sporting excellence scholarships
- We work with experts in sports at our Students' Union to offer different levels of Sporting Excellence Scholarships to students aspiring to excel in a recognised sport, and already competing at a regional, national or international level.