To join our network, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To support the development of a positive culture for staff with disabilities at the University of Plymouth.
- To act as an information/welcome point for all colleagues with disabilities.
- To provide an opportunity for staff with disabilities to network both inside and outside the University and to offer possibilities for social and professional peer support and mentoring for all staff.
- To advise and give feedback on University policy development and associated practice.
Supporting disabled and women workers through the Covid-19 crisis webinar
In the second of our autumn series of webinars, TUC equality experts Quinn Roache and Sian Elliott discuss the impact of Covid-19 on disabled and women workers.
For many disabled workers, Covid-19 presents challenges and barriers. Employers have a duty to ensure that all workers are treated fairly and are not discriminated against, but many disabled people are disproportionately affected by coronavirus and many employers are unwilling to make the reasonable adjustments they require.
Covid-19 has also had a major impact on women workers. The pandemic has seen a significant increase in cases of domestic violence. Many women have experienced difficulties balancing childcare with work, and as the economic downturn takes hold, pregnancy and maternity discrimination is on the rise.
Join this webinar to find out how you can support disabled and women colleagues facing discrimination.
"Whilst we have been isolating in our homes, worrying about loved ones and missing all those activities we previously took for granted we have seen tremendous courage and dedication from key workers and researchers across the UK, many of whom were our own staff and students. As a University, we have never been more proud."
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager
- https://embed.org.uk/covid-19-reopening - post Covid-19 Reopening Guidance with Disability Access Focus which highlights a lot of the systemic changes that can be made to make workplaces safer.