This module will enable students to explore and critically analyse the complex and dynamic nature of leadership within the context of personal, team, organisational, national and global professional practice.
You will share the contemporary thinking in relation to leadership theory and its relevance to professional practice.
Students will be supported to
relate this theory to their own personal and professional development in
addition critically exploring its capacity to impact on global, organisational
and team dynamics.
Level 7 - masters degree
Blended learning approach with face to face delivery at Plymouth
ADV774 module details (masters level)
At the end of the module the learner will be
expected to be able to:
- Critically evaluate current leadership and management concepts in relation to global and organisational contexts.
- Critically evaluate current leadership and management concepts in relation to team and personal development.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the factors that impact on professional career development.
- Critically examine your own identity as a leader and recognise your leadership capabilities.
Summary of Module Content
- Exploration of leadership models / styles and their application to professional practice.
- Management styles and associated support structures for example, supervision, appraisal, mentorship.
- Implications of change and exploration of change management theories.
- Personal and professional development in relation to leadership capabilities.
- Group and team dynamics.
- Professional resilience.
ADV774Z distance learning
This module can also be studied by online distance learning.
Module content and dates remain the same.
For further information please contact the Professional Development Unit.
Additional information and documentation required for the application process.
- application forms
- change of name forms
- pre-course information
- downloadable guides
- student card.
Visit our admissions homepage for full details.
27, 28 September and 11, 12 October 2021.
The University is following government guidelines on COVID-19 and there is a possibility that some modules may require online delivery. We will keep you informed of any decisions regarding this.
Occasionally delivery dates might be subject to change - always check with the module lead or Professional Development Unit.
Please be aware that all modules run to minimum numbers.
In the event that there are low numbers, this module may be rescheduled to an alternative date.
Some modules are also subject to maximum numbers.
You will normally be a healthcare professional with a first degree or a related academic degree. BSc (Hons) at 2:2 or above, or European first cycle equivalent. Clinicians without a degree but with appropriate experience may be eligible to apply. Overseas students require IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent required.
Please see our Professional Development module fees page.
The lead for this module is Fiona Fraser.
You can contact the Professional Development Unit with any queries
Professional Development Unit, Level 4 Rolle Building, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, United Kingdom.
Monday–Thursday 8:30–17:00 and Friday 8:30–16:30.