To find out more about Clearing, visit the UCAS website .
What UCAS applicants should do ...
Step 1 - Spend a little time thinking about what you want to study.
- On A level results day (Thursday 14 August 2014), check to see if there are vacancies available on the course of your choice via our course vacancies list. This list will be made available from A level results day until the end of Clearing.
- Check that you meet or exceed the minimum entry requirements that are detailed within the course pages
- If you do not meet the minimum entry requirements, you may still be accepted on to your chosen programme, an alternative degree programme within the University or a programme at one of our Partner Colleges. Please contact Plymouth University to find out what your options are.
Step 2 - If you meet the minimum entry requirements, and there are vacancies on the course of your choice, contact our Confirmation and Clearing call centre to register your course application interest:
Ensure you have the following to hand:
- your UCAS number and/or Clearing number
- your level 3 qualification results i.e. A levels, IB, BTEC
- your GCSE Maths, English and Science grades
Step 3 - If you are eligible and space is available, you will be advised accordingly by the Clearing Actionline Call Centre. You will still need to submit an application via UCAS Track within an agreed timeframe (usually 24 hours) using the institution code (P60), the course code and by selecting the 'Add Clearing Choice' button.
Once we have received your application, it will be processed and the outcome communicated by the next working day. We reserve the right to decline your application if the course is full, so we encourage you to go online as soon as possible to make your Clearing application.
You must telephone the University to find out whether we can make you an offer before referring yourself through TRACK.
If you donít have access to your UCAS account, you can phone UCAS Customer Services on 0871 468 0468.
You can only enter details for one course choice. Only enter a Clearing choice if you want to accept the course we offer you. Only once you have made your application, can we confirm your place.
Step 4 - Once we have accepted you, we will send you enrolment information by email or post.
Use our online service to check the status of your place after A level results have been released (Thursday 14 August 2014).
Do not call the University unless you have first looked at the status of your offer online. If your place has been confirmed, there is no need to contact the University as well. Information welcoming you to the University will be sent by email or post a few days after your results have been made available to us.
You can also check your accommodation status online after A level results have been released (Thursday 14 August 2014).
If your place has not been confirmed, then contact our Confirmation and Clearing Call Centre on +441752585858 to find out the current status of your application.
Induction & Enrolment
Once your place has been confirmed, visit our induction pages to download your induction schedule and documentation, and for information about online enrolment.